Try Chef Thia’s amazing Back Bean Salsa recipe with your favorite plantain or tortilla chips. It’s simple, refreshing, and even lasts a few days in the fridge. Lovely to enjoy chilled, you can actually enjoy this warm as well!
BLACK BEAN SALSA INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups Lakay Black Beans, cooked
- 1 cup Sweet Whole Kernel Corn
- ¼ cup Red Onions
- ¼ cup each Red, Orange and Yellow Bell Peppers
- 2 tbsp Scallion
- ¼ cup parsley
- 3 tbsp Canola Oil
- 4 capfuls Lakay Lemon Blend
- ½ tsp Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Dice the bell peppers and red onions.
- Chop the parsley and scallions finely.
- Add Lakay Black Beans to a large bowl, along with remaining ingredients, including Lakay Lemon Blend.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve with tortilla or plantain chips
Try this Black Bean Salsa with Chef Thia’s Tasso de Dinde (Creole Turkey), any other protein, or as a light snack on its own.