From “My Modern Caribbean Kitchen”, the first cookbook by Virgin-Islander Julius “The Chef” Jackson.
Yield: 10 Servings
• 3 lb bone-in Chicken pieces (wings, thighs, drumettes)
• ½ cup desired poultry seasoning
• 3 tbsp Curry Powder
• 6 Potatoes, diced
• ½ lb Carrots, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
• 2 large Onions, julienned
• 1 cup desired curry powder
- Season the chicken with the poultry seasoning and 3 teaspoons of curry powder, then refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Evenly divide the chicken, potatoes, carrots and onions between two separate baking pans.
- Sprinkle half of the curry powder into each pan, then mix very well. Cover the pans with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip the chicken over. Place back in the oven and bake for another 45 minutes, leaving it uncovered this time.
- Turn off the oven and let the chicken sit for 15 minutes. Remove and serve hot with steamed white rice!