Deliciously pureed plantain mixture topped with the onions.
- 3 green plantains
- 1 qt water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sliced, white onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 cup sliced, anaheim peppers
- Place the plantains and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook 20 minutes, until plantains are tender but slightly firm. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the liquid. Cool plantains, and peel.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion until tender.
- In a bowl, mash the plantains with the reserved liquid and salt. Transfer to a food processor, mix in the peppers, and puree. Serve the pureed plantain mixture topped with the onions.