We’ve made Jamaica’s national dish Vegan friendly! And it still has the FLAVA! Jackfruit is a great substitute for salt fish because of its similar texture, give it a try! It’s delicious!
Ackee and Jackfruit
- 540g Green Jackfruit
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2tsp. Black pepper
- 2 tsp. Thyme
- 2tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. pimento
- 1 Large tomato
- 1 cup mixed peppers
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- Firstly wash Jackfruit, cut hard rubbery ends off and break off stringy pieces and place in a bowl.
- Then add 1 tbsp. of olive oil to a pan on high heat and add onions garlic and scotch bonnet and sorte for 2 minutes.
- Add Jackfruit to the pan and season with black pepper, salt, thyme, pimento, and mix together then cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add mixed peppers, tomatoes.
- Drain Ackee and place in pan and season black pepper and thyme. Gently fold over and simmer for 5 minutes.